ESL Writing (High-Intermediate-Advanced) Lesson: Independent and Dependent Clauses & Sentence Types
This is a complete ESL Writing lesson with a pop writing quiz (with included rubric) about sentence clauses (dependent and independent) and the difference types of sentences (simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex).
The lesson plan is intended for 1 - 1.5 hours of class time, and could easily be extended with supplemental material.
The file includes:
- 1 page handout on the difference between independent and dependent clauses
- Exercise questions about clauses
- 1 page handout on sentence types
- Exercise/writing activity about sentence types
- Student instructions for writing pop quiz
- Rubric for quiz