Help ESL speakers master the long I!
The /aɪ/ white sound is usually quite easy for ESL speakers, but the variety of ways it can be spelled can make recognizing it difficult. In this activity packet is:
1. the /aɪ/ white Vowel Spotlight one page handout
2. a page of sentences with /aɪ/ white words highlighted
3. identification of words with /aɪ/ white
4. discrimination between /ɪ/ silver and /aɪ/ white
5. a partner activity for more discrimination between /ɪ/ silver and /aɪ/ white
6. reading passages with /aɪ/ words highlighted