This lesson contains the following:
1. An introductory how-to exercise for the Virtual Writing Tutor, a free online ESL grammar checker.
2. A labelled screenshot of the Virtual Writing Tutor home page to study.
3. A numbered screenshot of the Virtual Writing Tutor home page to test or review vocabulary.
This lesson is most suitable for learners with the following characteristics:
1. High beginners or low intermediates: learners who already have minimal reading proficiency.
3. Learners with access to the internet.
About this lesson:
This unit is an excerpt from Actively Engaged Online (ISBN 978-0-9938308-5-3) adapted for TeachersPayTeachers.com. I developed this lesson for French-speaking ESL junior college students in Montreal, Canada.
VirtualWritingTutor.com is a free ESL grammar checker, supported by Bokomaru Publications. It is free to use, ad-free, and spam-free. I developed this website to provide my junior college students with access to immediate corrective feedback on common grammar and punctuation errors and to promote life-long learning after they finish college. I add new rules every week in response to the errors I find in my students’ writing and suggestions I receive from users.
The illustrations are screenshots of VirtualWritingTutor.com in the Chrome browser, with added call-out balloons. The copyright for all images and text belongs to me, Nicholas Walker, the sole proprietor of Bokomaru Publications. Find out more about me and my products and websites at BokomaruPublications.com.