Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
ESSAY WRITING RESOURCES: This essay bundle contains all the documents you will need to teach your high school (or late middle school) students proper essay writing. With engaging Powerpoint presentations, fun activities, graphic organizers, checklists, and more, your students will understand the essay writing process from start to finish.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ Great package. As a new teacher sometimes it's difficult to find the time to do EVERYTHING for your students. This package put into words everything I was hoping to teach my grade 9's and 10's. It's informative, eye catching and easy to explain/understand. Totally worth the $$.
♥ This bundle is perfect for covering the basic parts of teaching essay writing! It has saved me so much time and enabled me to present similar content in a different way without putting in all the time myself to re-do my own presentations. The handouts (MLA Guidebook and Academic Writing Dictionary) are excellent--concise and compact reminders for students. Thank you so much!
♥ This was a great resource to use with my inexperienced writers. I was able to use a step by step method and the handouts were very helpful.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Titles For More Info):
Powerpoint Presentation (13 slides) That includes the following information: When you should use formal writing, characteristics of academic language, the difference between formal and informal language, and samples for students to 'hear' the difference with justifications.
Academic Dictionary Handout - This handout will be a strong reference for students when they are writing. It gives them examples of 'weak' words to avoid, and common 'academic' words they can use instead.
Dress Up Your Words Activity - This worksheet gives students three paragraphs written with informal language. They need to rewrite them using academic language (answer key included)
Using Transitions Handout - This handout is a good writing reference for students to use to show them different words they can use to bridge the gap between ideas.
This 12 slide Powerpoint presentation goes through the most important elements of structuring the 5 paragraph essay. Powerpoint uses a metaphor comparing writing an essay to wearing a suit. The presentation includes lots of information and clear examples for students.
With plagiarism becoming more and more common, this presentation, handout, and activity can make your students more aware.
• A Powerpoint presentation on Plagiarism (discusses what it is, types, consequences, and how to avoid it)
• A brochure assignments for students to complete after they understand what plagiarism is
Writing a strong thesis statements is always a challenge for students. This resource will help them understand what a thesis statement is, why it is important to have one, and what a strong thesis statement looks like.
• A 17 slide editable Powerpoint presentation that goes through important information students need to know about thesis statement writing. The presentation also includes lots of different examples of strong thesis statements.
• A handout for students with all the important information from the presentation
• A student thesis statement checklist. This includes a place where students can write their thesis statement with a checklist beneath for them to use to self-assess whether or not they have written a strong thesis.
Use this resource to prepare your students to include quotations for support in their academic writing.
• 16 Slide Powerpoint Presentation with the following information: Exact quotations, why you should include quotes, overusing quotations, sourcing, how to properly introduce a quotation, short vs long quotes, ending a quote, and a student use checklist.
• A handout for students with the most important information from the presentation.
• A tracking sheet that students can use to effectively choose quotations to support their points.
→ 2 Fill In the blank pages for note-taking
→ Double sided MLA formatting guidebook
→ Brainstorming sheet
→ Three Essay Graphic Organizers
→ Self Evaluation: Essay Structure Checklist
→ 6 Traits Revising And Editing Checklist
→ Essay rubric
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans
★CLICKHERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!★