For Eveline, a short story by James Joyce, here is a unit to let students take away more meaning from the author's words. This unit applies to both the story that is in many anthologies as well as the one that can be found on-line.
- the full text of the story (4 pages),
- board pages (2) to use with document cameras, overheads, or smart boards to introduce the main topic of the story,
- ten focus questions (2 pages),
- three analysis prompts with lines for student responses (1 page),
- an essential question on its own stationery (1 page).
Please see the Preview for a one page sample of focus questions.