The Importance of Exercise
About 80 percent of adults don’t get the recommended amount of exercise and over 35 chronic diseases are linked to physical inactivity. Physical inactivity has become a serious health crisis for Americans. These learning materials focus on informing students on why it is so important to exercise on a regular basis.
Objectives: Students will be able to
• Define physical inactivity.
• Explain the trend occurring with physical inactivity in America.
• Identify key health problems caused by physical inactivity.
• Describe the benefits of exercise.
2) Reading Comprehension Worksheets: The Importance of Exercise
3) Assessment: multiple choice, true or false, and fill-in.
Other learning materials that may interest you are:
A Guide to Understanding Calories
Interesting and Amazing Health Stories
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO LEARN ABOUT HEALTH
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell