Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
140.48 MB | 14 pages
EXPLORERS: Studying Ten World Explorers--Big Galoots Foldables
Students will love studying the exciting tales of TEN famous world explorers and responding to what they learn by creating a Big Galoot for each of these bold adventurers. These ready-to-go templates make it easy to include hands-on learning in your classroom. Each Big Galoot features one of ten explorers (listed below) and includes plenty of writing space on the back for reader response. A list of suggested reader response topics is included. Check out the PREVIEW for a movie of what the finished product looks like. This project really taps into the multiple intelligences in your classroom by employing artistic elements, linguistic elements, and logical/mathematical skills as students construct the Big Galoots using their fine motor skills.
• Step-by-step instructions on how to create the Big Galoots
• A list of Reader Response Topics related to studying the lives of the explorers
• Ready-to-go templates of ten world explorers:
----Prince Henry the Navigator
----Vasco da Gama
----Vasco Nuñez de Balboa
• A lined writing template that helps students keep their writing neat and organized
• Display ideas
• Watch the video preview to see a movie of what the finished product will look like.