Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.35 MB | 16 Slides (PowerPoint Presentation), Lesson Plan 3 pages, Student Worksheet 4 pages
• Expository Writing Prompt
• Explanatory Writing Prompt
• Informative Writing Prompt
• Expository Writing Thesis Statement Development
• Expository Writing Brainstorming
• How to Write an Expository Essay Tutorial
Are the EXPOSITORY / EXPLANATORY ESSAYS you receive lacking structure and detail? Are you looking for a thorough way to incorporate both standards based and 6 Traits writing in your classroom routine? Here is EVERYTHING you need to start help your students write Expository / Explanatory Essays TODAY!
SMARTBoard users will find interactive slides, while PowerPoint users can project the slides onto a regular white board and have the students use regular dry erase pens for brainstorming and thesis statement development.
This Explanatory Writing Prompt is “Pet Peeve” - A pet peeve is a particular source of annoyance or irritation. Every person seems to have one. Think about a pet peeve you have. Now write to explain your pet peeve and why it is a source of annoyance or irritation.
This Expository / Explanatory Writing Prompt lesson comes complete with:
Expository / Explanatory Writing Prompt Lesson Plan which includes:
• Common Core State Standards Indicated on Lesson Plan
• Instructional Focus
• Instructional Procedures
• Direct Instruction
• Guided Practice
• ESE Strategies
• ELL Strategies
• I Can Statement
• Essential Question
• Introduction slide with prompt (interactive for students to identify key vocabulary)
• Brainstorming slide (interactive for students to list ideas)
• Standard and Implied Thesis Development Slides
• How to Write an Expository Essay Tutorial Slides
• Checklist slide
This bundle download has all 10 lessons, will save you 50%, and will give you everything you need for having your students write thorough and complete Expository / Explanatory Essays. You won't have to develop a single Expository / Explanatory writing prompt or create a single PowerPoint or lesson plan yourself!