GRADE 7 SIMPLIFYING AND SOLVING EXPRESSIONS AND ALGEBRAIC EQUATIONS WARM UPS AND TASK CARDS
4 weeks of bell ringers/warm up activities focused on simplifying and solving expressions and equations!
These 20 bell-ringers are an excellent way to get your students to practice order of operations and introductory algebra! All you have to do is choose your bell ringer for the day, put it up on the screen, and students get to work as soon as they enter the classroom! This is a great addition to units where students are learning (or know how to use) order of operations to solve problems and practice simplifying and solving basic algebra expressions and equations.
* Questions involve both positive and negative rational numbers
* This resource is also aligned with Grade 7 Expressions & Equations Common Core Standards
HOW IT WORKS:
• Students come into the room to one of the slides on the projector. They immediately take out their Bell Ringer Booklet (included) and start working on the task of the day. Task card format
is also included with this resource! The slides ask students to solve basic operation problems, simplify or solve algebraic expressions or equations, graph inequalities on number lines, solve real world math problems, and much more!
• When everyone is done, simply click to the next slide to reveal the answer key for each exercise, so you can go over the corrections with your students!
• Questions in the powerpoint can be shown in any order depending on your focus of the day and student booklets are editable so you can order questions according to your preference!
Each slide asks students to complete a task related to the following topics:
→ Solve problems using order of operations
→ Simplify basic algebraic expressions (one variable)
→ Solve basic algebraic equations (one variable)
→ Use algebra to represent and solve real life scenarios
→ Solve algebraic inequalities (one variable) by graphing on number lines and using real life scenarios
Included In Your Purchase:
• 20 Bell Ringers In A Powerpoint Presentation
• Bell-Ringers In Task Card Format
• Student Answer Sheets AND Teacher Answer Key for Task Cards
• Student Bell Ringer Booklet (Editable) Ready To Use With All Bell Ringer Questions
© Limitless Lessons
Click HERE To Receive Free Resources and Teaching Tips From Limitless Lessons!