Also included in
- I use this EXPRESSIONS Unit Resource BUNDLE every year with my students. This BUNDLE includes 40 task cards, 10 error analysis activities and 10 problem solving graphic organizers, 4 doodle notes, 1 maze, 1 riddle, and 1 coloring activity (a total of 118 skills practice and real-world word proble$12.80$16.00Save $3.20
- Have your students engage in higher-order thinking with these math ERROR ANALYSIS activities. This GROWING BUNDLE resource includes 8 different sets (77 questions) of 7th Grade Common Core word problems that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION a$22.40$28.00Save $5.60
- - Great for online learning and distance learning!This middle school ERROR ANALYSIS BUNDLE includes 230 real-world word problems (23 sets) that are solved incorrectly for grades 6-8. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the proble$56.35$80.50Save $24.15
- * Featured in the TPT Newsletter * Best Seller *7th Grade Math COMMON CORE Assessments, Warm-Ups, Task Cards, Error Analysis, Homework Practice Worksheets, Problem Solving Graphic Organizers, Mazes, Riddles, Coloring Activities, Guided NotesThis is a GROWING BUNDLE of all of the 7th Grade MATH RES$136.15$194.50Save $58.35
- Great for online learning and distance learning!
EXPRESSIONS Word Problems - Error Analysis
Have your students apply their understanding of EXPRESSIONS with this ERROR ANALYSIS activities.
Benefits of Math Error Analysis:
Giving students opportunities to identify and correct errors in presented solutions allows them to show their understanding of the mathematical concepts you have taught.
This resource includes 10 real-world EXPRESSIONS word problems that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the problem. An ANSWER KEY has also been provided with examples of possible answers. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
How to Use:
When I present this activity to my students, I tell them that these are errors that students from my other class made and I need their help to correct them. Students LOVE correcting other students mistakes. Students can use these activities with a partner, as a warm-up , as classwork, homework, in math centers or group work.
✔ evaluating algebraic expressions
✔ writing algebraic expressions
✔ simplifying algebraic expressions
✔ adding linear expressions
✔ subtracting linear expressions
✔ factoring linear expressions
This resource is included in my EXPRESSIONS UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE!
Feedback for this resource:
♥ I love the higher level thinking needed for "finding the error".
♥ Thank you so much! I used it in my Algebra support class.
♥ Great for higher level thinking! Thanks!
Common Core Alignment :
*7.EE.1 -Apply properties of operations as strategies to add, subtract, factor, and expand linear expressions with rational coefficient;
*7.EE.2 - Understand that rewriting an expression in different forms in a problem context can shed light on the problem and how the quantities in it are related.
*7.EE.3 - Solve multi-step real-life and mathematical problems posed with positive and negative rational numbers in any form (whole numbers, fractions, and decimals), using tools strategically.
*Mathematics Practice Standard 3 (construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others).
More EXPRESSION Resources:
BUNDLE UP & SAVE $$ This resource is included in my:
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.