This activity can be used to target lots of vocabulary goals
receptively and expressively. You can further expand this activity to target describing, comparing/contrasting, categorizing, etc.
This set includes 24 different clothing images, 4 vocabulary boards, and 4 blank categorizing boards.
Directions for preparing the activity:
* Print out document and laminate pages for durability.
* Cut out image cards on pages 11-14 .
* Attach a piece of Velcro to each image card and to all of the grids on the vocabulary and categorizing boards.
Directions for using the activity:
* Ask the child to find clothing you name from the image cards and stick it on it’s match on the vocabulary board.
Modify number of choices child has to pick from based on child’s needs.
* Describe clothing and have the child guess using the cards/board as visual cues.
* Ask the child to name clothing on image cards and match it to the vocabulary board.
* Ask the child to describe clothing and have other children (or yourself) guess using the cards/board as visual cues.
* Ask the child put the image cards in the right categories or to name the category of an image card you present to him/her.
Blank category sorting boards are provided. You can combine image cards from different vocabulary sets to expand category types.