This activity can be used to target lots of vocabulary goals receptively and expressively. You can further expand this activity to target describing, comparing/contrasting, categorizing, etc.
This set includes 66 different food images, 11 vocabulary boards, and 7 blank categorizing boards.
Directions for preparing the activity:
* Print out document and laminate pages for durability. (LOW INK)
* Cut out image cards on pages 21-31 .
* Attach a piece of Velcro to each image card and to all of the grids on the vocabulary and categorizing boards.
Directions for using the activity:
* Ask the child to find a food you name from the image cards and stick it on it’s match on the vocabulary board. Modify number of choices child has to pick from based on child’s needs.
* Describe the food and have the child guess using the cards/board as visual cues.
* Ask the child to name food items on image cards and match it to the vocabulary board.
* Ask the child to describe the food and have other children (or yourself) guess using the cards/board as visual cues.
* Ask the child put the image cards in the right categories or to name the category of an image card you present to him/her
(breakfast foods, drinks, snacks, desserts, etc.). Blank category sorting boards are provided. You can combine image cards from different vocabulary sets to expand category types.