FREE FOR EZ SPEECH GIVEAWAY PARTICIPANTS!!
This activity can be used to target lots of vocabulary goals
receptively and expressively. You can further expand this activity to target describing, comparing/contrasting, categorizing, etc.
This set includes 18 different vehicle images, 3 vocabulary boards, and 4 blank categorizing boards.
Directions for preparing the activity:
* Print out document and laminate pages for durability.
* Cut out image cards on pages 10-12 .
* Attach a piece of Velcro to each image card and to all of the grids on the vocabulary and categorizing boards.
Directions for using the activity:
* Ask the child to find a vehicle you name from the image cards and stick it on it’s match on the vocabulary board. Modify number of choices child has to pick from based on child’s needs.
* Describe a vehicle and have the child guess using the cards/board as visual cues.
* Ask the child to name vehicles on image cards and match it to the vocabulary board.
* Ask the child to describe a vehicle and have other children (or yourself) guess using the cards/board as visual cues.
* Ask the child put the image cards in the right categories or to name the category of an image card you present to him/her (land, water, air). Blank category sorting boards are provided. You can combine image cards from different vocabulary sets to expand category types.
Make 2 copies of the image cards to play memory/go fish.