Also included in
- U.S. History Part 2 Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach U.S. History II for an ENTIRE YEAR at a discounted price! U.S. History Part 2 Bundle begins with Reconstruction and ends with the modern era. Not only will you save tons of time, but your students will love completing al$85.00$158.60Save $73.60
Early 20th Century Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit on the United States in the early twentieth century can be found here!
For a closer look at the activities in this unit, see the video preview!
What Will I Find in This Unit?
This Early 20th Century Unit includes 7 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate--
- inventions of the early twentieth century
- the outcomes of improvements made to transportation
- changes made to communication
- the causes and effects of prohibition
- the causes and effects of the Great Migration
- the Harlem Renaissance
- art, music, and literature of the 1920s and 1930s
- causes and effects of the Great Depression
- the New Deal
This Early 20th Century Unit also comes with:
- 15 Worksheets
- 11 Timeline Cards
- 7 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 6 Group Activities: Groups activities include an assembly line activity and simulation activities.
- 5 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 2 Escape Room Challenges: Students will complete escape room challenges to learn about the Harlem Renaissance and the culture of the 1920s and 1930s.
- 1 Simulation Activity: Students will complete a simulation activity to learn about the effects of the Great Depression on Americans.
- 1 Game: Students will play a matching game to learn about famous Americans of the 1920s and 1930s.
- 1 Research Activity: Students will research a famous American from the 1920s or 1930s.
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Final Test
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in learning about the early 20th century as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Early 20th Century Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Standards Are Covered?
While this Early 20th Century Unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOL USII.6, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards related to teaching about the events and people of the early twentieth century.
The Following Resources Are Included in This Unit:
Want to Save Money?
This Early 20th Century Unit is included in the U.S. History Part 2 Bundle for a discounted price!
You may also be interested in:
Follow my TpT store to learn about the newest resources and freebies!
Feedback helps me to create great products for you to use in your classroom. Please consider leaving detailed feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).