All three of my early 20th Century Pocket History comic books at a 35% discount to buying them separately. Included are 'The Endurance', 'The Hindenburg', and 'WW1-Life in the Trenches'. They all contain quizzes and other useful resources, and can be printed out in color, black and white, used as a slide show on a computer, or as a PDF e.book on a tablet. They can also be used on a SmartBoard.
The Common Core states, 'There is a need in literature and social studies classes to evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats including visually and aurally.' I believe that comics and graphic novels can fulfill this standard and I hope you find this product an engaging way of teaching your students.
Depending on the comic there are some differences, but there are usually;
1. A PDF color version of each comic with a quiz for understanding at the end. This can be printed out or displayed as a slideshow on a computer or used as an e.book on a tablet.
2. The same PDF comic in black and white for easy printing.
3. A student print that has a section for dictionary work and an exercise for practicing some of the more difficult words in each comic.
4. A student answer print for the comic quizzes and dictionary tasks.
5. Two writing prompts to extend each lesson.
6. A teacher's notes print that provides directions on using the comic and useful links to related sites.
7. Please note that 'The Endurance' comic does not include parts 3 to 6 except for the comic quiz and answer sheet.
8. Some of these may also contain an ePub version for teacher's use on iPad.
All prints are in PDF format.
I have reduced the price of multiple licenses to $1.80 for this month, which is a bargain 60c per comic! Please consider purchasing these licenses if you are teaching classes of students.
The 'Pocket History' series are still available as individual comics and can be found on my store by clicking on the links below.
Life in the Trenches
Early 20th Century History - Comic Books
by Paul Carr (kibishipaul)
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License