Early America and Engineering a Water Wheel
Also included in
- STEM Engineering Challenges and ColonistsAdd some STEM to your Early American history lessons with these fun hands-on activities. Perfect for assessment of a student’s problem solving and collaboration skills, as well as providing insight into the challenges the American Colonists faced. We have incPrice $10.00Original Price $16.00Save $6.00
- STEM Seasonal Challenges BundleGet Caught Engineering All Year Long!*Updated with improved and new lessons- April2023*We know that finding an extra spot for a STEM lesson can be difficult in a busy schedule. We have chosen twelve of some of our most popular engineering lessons that can be integratedPrice $30.00Original Price $45.00Save $15.00
STEM Engineering Challenge in the Colonies : Engineer a Waterwheel.
Looking for hands -on integration activities for your history and social studies classes? Add some STEM to your colonial history lessons with this fun activity that uses simple and easy to find supplies.
Perfect for combining simple machines and history.
Teachers are saying:
"The quality and thoroughness of your products never disappoint! We absolutely love doing these projects!"
"What an engaging project! Thank you so much! My kiddos loved doing this!
In “Engineer a Waterwheel” student groups will build a prototype of a waterwheel. Perfect for assessment of a student’s problem solving and collaboration skills, as well as providing insight into the challenges of the Colonial Era and a review of simple machines.
We have included:
- role cards
- inquiry questions
- a rubric
- an engineering design process poster
- teacher notes with pictures
- waterwheel background information with a helpful link and book reference
- student pages
Ready for some lengthier STEM lessons? We have two bundles filled with ideas
Get Caught Engineering All Year Long- Twelve STEM Lessons for Your Class
STEM-A-THON!Get Caught Engineering with an Amazing Bundle of Activities
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about our new discounts, freebies and product launches:
•Look for the green star near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺