This CCSS aligned mini-unit from my Early American Literature Unit
and my American Literature Bundle (please do not purchase both)
provides a literary and historical overview of early American colonists. Students read a journal excerpt, a letter, and a few poems to gain a richer understanding of history and literary techniques. Students practice their inferring, rhetorical analysis and language analysis skills. Includes teacher notes and teacher keys.
* Two informational public domain readings by William Bradford and an indentured servant, as well as a collection of Anne Bradstreet poems
* Brief historical/literary terms overview
* Analysis questions for readings with teacher notes
* Rhetorical analysis overview and graphic organizer (CCSS.RI.6) with teacher notes
* Language analysis and overview handout (CCSS.RL.4) with teacher notes
* Inferrence analysis handout (CCSS.R.1)
* Text-to-Movie assignment
This mini-unit would fit well in an American Literature course, a Humanities course or as a compliment to an American History course.