This CCSS aligned mini-unit from an Early American Literature Unit
and my American Literature Bundle (please do not purchase both)
provides a quick literary and historical overview of early America and the Americas through Christopher Columbus's and Alvar Nuñez Cabeza De Vaca's journal excerpts. Students read, analyze and complete classroom activities to gain a richer understanding literary technique.
* Two informational public domain reading excerpts (2-3 pages each)
* Brief historical/literary terms overview
* Analysis questions for readings with teacher notes
* Scene Comparison handout (CCSS.R.7) with teacher notes
* Journal homework assignment
* Concept Comparison handout (CCSS.RI.9) with teacher notes
* Text-to-Movie assignment
This mini-unit would fit well in an American Literature course, a Humanities course or as a compliment to an American History course.