This set of paired passages includes one nonfiction passage paired with a fictional letter passage about early colonial life as well as close reading activities. This packet would be a great supplement to teach or review some concepts about British Colonial America including the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Southern colonies.
Pick and choose what close reading and comprehension activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These passages are most appropriate for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fictional letter passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response task for each passage
- Context clues task
- Making inferences organizer
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Early American History Paired Passages Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Connect With Me: