Are your students learning about the first European explorers and settlers? Do they need to practice researching? This is a great project for students to focus in on a early European settlement to learn about!
What is included?
- Early Community Google Slides Research Guide
- Google Slides Cheat Sheet (instructions)
Objectives: Early Community Group Google Slides Project:
- Students will be able to describe how individuals, events, and ideas have changed communities, past and present.
- Students will be able to identify individuals who have helped shape communities.
- Students will be able to identify reasons people have formed communities.
- Students will be able to identify ways in which people in local community and other communities meet their needs for government, education, communication, transportation, and recreation.
How does this project work?
- In my classroom, I teach students about early European explorers. Then, we complete this project on an early community these explorers established. Students research online and create a google slides presentation to share their learning. I typically have groups of 2 work together.
Ideas for Early European Communities:
- Early English Communities
1. Roanoke Colony
3. Plymouth Colony
Early French Communities
1. St. Louis
2. New Orleans, Louisiana
3. Quebec City
Early Spanish Communities
1. St. Augustine, Florida
2. Fort Caroline
3. Mission San Antonio de Valaro (Alamo)
4. Mission San Luis