Early Describing and Categorizing Packet for Speech Therapy
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes my favorite and best-selling products for elementary school SLPs! By purchasing this bundle, you save 20% off buying the resources individually. Check out everything that is included below to make sure it is appropriate for your caseload prior to purchasing.Note: If you've recenPrice $80.80Original Price $101.00Save $20.20
Get all the visuals and interactive practice your kids need to master describing with this huge, visually-based packet! You’ll target categories, describing, functions, comparing/contrasting, WH questions, and SO MUCH MORE.
This packet teaches the skills necessary for describing items in isolation, keeping your students successful!
Easily teach and target the following describing concepts:
Included in this packet is:
- 110 icon sized item cards (for describing throughout the packet)
- Visuals, visuals, visuals and more visuals
- Sorting mats
- Worksheets with a multiple choice option (can use worksheets as cut and glue sheets or laminate/Velcro for continued re-use)
- Card visuals for describing
- Describing mini books
- 10 worksheets for each skill (category, color, parts, location, size, function) and 10 worksheets for skill discrimination (with category, color, parts, location & size targeted on one sheet)
I've found that my clients do best with mass practice, visuals, and interactive materials. This is why I created this packet! I hope it helps you! I've also found it useful for the clients on your caseload who are or plan to utilize AAC as it teaches categories of items using icon sized visuals.
To learn more about how and why I use this resource, check out my blog post all about early describing and categories!
Here's some reasons why other SLPs have loved this resource:
♥ ”I am always looking for easy to use activities with my preschool students. This is great when working on categorization skills! You can target all kinds of goals, sentence expansion, labeling, articulation you name it!” - Emily H.
♥ ”LOVE this resource!!! It is so comprehensive and breaks down the skill of describing in an easy to understand way! Love all of the visuals and different activities included. It takes a bit of prep time, but once it is all put together, it is well worth it! Another wonderful product from one of my favorite TPT sellers!” - The Speech Whisperer
♥ ”I appreciate how it scaffolds up to meet the child where they are at. Describing can be so challenging for kiddos and this is a perfect way to teach and ease them in.” - Alexis L.
If you're looking for other (similar) activities, you might also like:
- DIGITAL Simple Describing with Adjectives Sentence Sliders for Speech Therapy
- One Sheet Real Picture Describing for Speech Therapy - No Print
If you love this resource, you’ll love this money-saving BUNDLE it's part of:
Elementary School Starter Kit for Speech and Language Therapy
Feel free to email the Speechy Musings team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟
Sign up for my email newsletter! • Join my Facebook group! • Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Copyright © Speechy Musings