Students will create a Glog on an Early European Explorer. Students will use your Edu.Glogster Educators code in order to join your class (if you do not already have one, you will need to get one at www.edu.glogster.com). The assignment include the Glog instructions, a grading rubric for the finished Glog itself, a rubric for the oral presentation on the Glog, and a list of 13 Early Eurpoean Explorers for students to choose from.
The Glog is the completion of our Early Eurpoean Explorers. Below is the process which my students take prior to creating their Glog:
1. Students understand the effects of European exploration through use of enchanted learning website (www.enchantedlearning.com/ explorers/1400.shtml) and www.nndb.com.
2. Students will retrace the routes of an early explorer with the use of Google Earth and discuss possible alternate routes.
3. Students will post on the class Edmodo site. They must include five interesting facts and a list of references for each fact shared on their explorer.
4. Students will compile information discovered onto an online concept map (https://bubbl.us/).
5. Students will then evaluate the concept map of two other students looking for validity of information and provide any feedback/comments. They will need to add at least two comments, one must be a positive comment, to each critique.
6. Students will compile the information learned and begin to create an interactive Glog which can include music, pictures, informational text, site links, and short videos from other websites.
7. Students will present their Glog to the class.
COMPLETED EXAMPLE: http://brandonl67.edu.glogster.com/jean-nicolet/
I hope your students enjoy creating their Glog's!