Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
Also included in
- Your students will love learning about these seven famous explorers with this creative and complete unit! It includes everything you need to teach about these early European explorers! NEW Digital Units for Google Classroom have been added!What's Inside:✔Early Explorers Unit with 7 Famous Explorers$32.50$65.00Save $32.50
- Learning about these 12 early explorers has never been so much fun! Take a look at this complete and creative hands-on activity pack that is sure to captivate your students. This BUNDLE has 12 explorers in one! Students will learn about early explorers with reading passages, hands-on activities, voc$36.00$72.00Save $36.00
Take a look at this complete and creative hands-on activity pack that is sure to captivate your students. A digital version of each explorer for Google Classroom has been added soon to this bundle!
Students will love learning about 6 early explorers with reading passages, vocabulary, and interactive activities geared for elementary grades.
- Ponce de Leon--NEW Digital Unit added November 2020
- Henry Hudson--NEW Digital Unit added October 2020
- Balboa--NEW Digital Unit added October 2020
- Hernando de Soto--NEW Digital Unit added October 2020
- John Cabot Activity Pack--NEW Digital Unit added December 2020
- Jacques Cartier Activity Pack--New Digital Unit added December 2020
**Please NOTE each unit in the bundle has the same information and activities to introduce the unit about each explorer.
In this unit, reading passages and student activities will help students think about the essential questions such as:
✔Why were the Europeans interested in world exploration?
✔What were some of the obstacles the explorers had to overcome in the New World?
This activity pack includes many interactive activities and creative learning opportunities for students including:
✔Instruments for Navigation
✔Navigation Mystery Flaps
✔Vocabulary Flip Flaps
✔Spotlight on Vocabulary
✔PLUS a 5-page Flip Book for Each Explorer
✔BONUS: Explorer Trading Cards Project
With reading passages and activities about:
✔The Age of Exploration
✔The Explorers Voyage to the New World
✔Explorers Instruments for Navigation
✔Meet Vasco Nunez de Balboa
✔Meet John Cabot (and Sebastian Cabot)
✔Meet Jacques Cartier
✔Meet Henry Hudson
✔Meet Juan Ponce de Leon
✔Meet Hernando de Soto
✔For Elementary Grades – Second grade, Third grade, Fourth grade
✔Great for Core Knowledge
✔Common Core Aligned
There are 3 activities included in these units:
Read the passages about the Age of Exploration and Instruments for Navigation to introduce the unit. Next, read the passages about each individual explorer and then complete the organizers for each passage. There are also colorful maps included helping students visualize the journey to the New World.
Introduce the vocabulary words with the real-life photo posters included. You could post these posters around the classroom and have students travel around to match up and define the words in their flip flaps or use them as a center activity. These posters make an attractive bulletin board display too.
There mini-booklets with timelines for students to complete. It entails writing three facts about each explorer and putting the timeline dates in the correct order. Lastly, students can assemble the mini-booklet by coloring, cutting, and gluing them inside of their notebooks.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER EXPLORERS ACTIVITY PACKS
CHECK OUT MY OTHER POPULAR SOCIAL STUDIES UNITS:
JUST FOR YOU!! To assess the quality and see the style of my work please check out these two FREE activity packs by clicking below:
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to gain access to our FREE Library of Classroom Resources, special giveaways, and to see our products in action!
***Please know that I spend a lot of time researching, creating, writing, and proofreading my work but even after several revisions there may still be a typo or grammatical error. Please let me know if you find a typo or feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the Ask a Question section or email me at email@example.com versus leaving negative feedback so that I can fix it as soon as possible. I value your input to make my products the highest quality possible. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
Copyright © Heart 2 Heart Teaching LLC. All rights reserved. This file is intended for classroom and personal use only. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
**You may print for your personal, classroom use, and non-commercial use only.
**Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).