Also included in
- With each U.S. History Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the people and events of U.S. History when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete several challPrice $24.00Original Price $28.00Save $4.00
In Early Explorers: Time Travel Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the early explorers when their time machine malfunctions! The only way for students to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete seven challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Challenges can be used to introduce students to or to help students review important explorers, the countries they sailed for, where they explored, the obstacles they faced, and the motivations for European exploration. Early explorers included in this activity:
- Christopher Columbus
- Juan Ponce de Leon
- Francisco Coronado
- Hernando Cortes
- Jacques Cartier
- Samuel de Champlain
- Robert La Salle
- John Cabot
What escape room activities are included?
Challenges require students to use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- solving puzzles to reveal information about the early explorers
- decoding messages to learn quotes and information about the early explorers
- reading passages to learn more about specific explorations in the Americas
- sorting information about the explorers, motivations, and obstacles
- matching explorers to a description of their accomplishments
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. An option is also provided for students to check their work on paper for classrooms that do not have access to technology.
What standards are covered?
This escape room activity is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USI.4a-b but also covers most U.S. History standards associated with the early explorers.
Don't miss out!
Students will have fun learning more about the early explorers as they solve the challenges and work to return to the present in this escape room activity! Teacher instructions are provided that explain how to set up and implement the activity in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Early Explorers Escape Room is included in my U.S. History Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
You may also be interested in:
More U.S. History escape rooms:
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms and how I teach early explorers, check out my blog posts "Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room" and "7 Early Explorers Activities."
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).