Does your curriculum include early explorers, trade routes, and colonization from the 1200’s through the 1400’s for your students this year?
Do you use Scholastic Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader?
This Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader Early Explorer BINGO project can be
an engaging way to:
* integrate technology
* extend and enrich a Social Studies unit
* help students gain comfort and confidence reading nonfiction
* introduce students to historical fiction
This classroom-tested project file includes:
* Google doc Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader BINGO board you can copy into your own Google Drive to share with students and customize/ edit
* Google doc suggested titles and Lexile Level information for early explorer topics and historical fiction suggestions for you to copy into your own Google Drive to share with students
* Google doc student directions, in checklist form, for you to copy into your own Google Drive to share with students for them to be able to create a final copy of the BINGO board as a Google doc or Word doc
* Google doc rubric to score each BINGO board for you to copy into your own Google Drive to customize/ edit
* Google doc sample bulletin board display poster for you to copy into your own Google Drive to customize/ edit
You can share documents with students through Google Classroom OR learn how to create a shareable url for students to use on Chromebooks, desktop computers... any device with browser access.
In our classroom, students were given approximately 3-5 weeks to complete this project, with time built into our daily routine to read independently, take Reading Counts quizzes, and visit our school library.
Early Explorer RC BINGO projects completed by my students may be viewed on my classroom web site here: