This station is a great way to keep your students busy and engaged when they are finished with their work. It is also a way to get students reading and researching!
There are 20 research topics which will cover 36 weeks. Each research page includes four activities:
- Research- read the nonfiction books on the topic. Take notes.
- Math- complete the math activity that goes along with the topic
- Write- write in response to the prompt
- Create- there will be a creative activity on the topic
- 4 task cards each for 18 topics
- A rubric
- Materials for a bulletin board
How to use this station:
Students should designate a Research folder and keep it at their seat, or you can keep them in a central area of the room.
Set up the station board on a bulletin board or somewhere on a wall. You should provide a basket of craft materials like construction paper for them to use during the create station. Sometimes you will also need to supply graph paper or a hundreds chart for the math section.
Give students a copy of the new task cards every two weeks. Check out 6-10 books on the weekly topic. When they are done with their classwork, they can work on this station.
When students finish a research station, they should turn it in. Use the rubric to grade it.
- historical event
- winter holiday
- black history
- famous women
- dog breeds
- endangered species
- animal adaptations
Check out the preview!