Also included in
- Your early finishers will be engaged every minute of the day with this bundle of 3 of my very popular DIGITAL and PRINTABLE Early Finisher Task Cards! There are 108 Task Cards TOTAL in this bundle! (108 printable task cards and 160 digital Google Slides activities!)Included in this huge set of earl$7.99$13.97Save $5.98
- "I'm done! What's next?" Never answer this question again with the ULTIMATE set of resources to engage and challenge your early finishers and provide enrichment opportunities for your whole class. This set of digital and printable early finisher and enrichment task cards is perfect for any upper el$29.59$46.72Save $17.13
ENGAGE your early finishers with this set of 24 half-page task cards that cover language arts and reading skills. No more, "I'm Done! What do I do?" ... These are perfect for review, test prep, and all year long. Your students will love these engaging, challenging extensions of their learning (no busy work!).
How can I use these Early Finisher Task Cards for Language Arts and Reading in my classroom?
In my classroom, students love using these early finisher cards after they have completed their other literacy tasks for the day. They are designed to be extensions of learning, and while some can be completed with ease, others will take a significant amount of time.
I have chosen not to number my cards because for some students, I hand select a card for them rather than have them go in order. Students write the title of the card in a Language Arts notebook (or a blank piece of paper) and then record their answers. For this option, I print the cards on cardstock and laminate them. I have also printed the tasks, bound them and had students complete them over the course of the year. The digital, Google Slides, version can be completed on student tablets or computers and assigned via Google Classroom!
What skills are covered in these Early Finisher Task Cards for Language Arts and Reading?
- Context Clues
- Fact and Opinion
- Author's Purpose
- Compound Words
- Following Directions
- Types of Sentences
- Dictionary Skills
- Topic Sentences
- ABC Order
- Compare and Contrast
- Character Traits
- Cause and Effect
- Making Predictions
- Point of View
Perfect for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. The cards print best in color, but they also look great printed in black and white.
What's Included in this Early Finisher Task Cards for Language Arts and Reading Resource?
- 24 half-page printable early finisher Language Arts and Reading task cards
- A student recording sheet to indicate which card(s) they have completed
- A DIGITAL, Google Slides version, perfect for Google classroom, virtual learning, and paperless practice. (56 slides of practice!)
What are teachers saying about this Early Finishers resource?
"These task cards were great for my students that always finished early! They were able to do these without having to ask me "what do I do now". They were great and saved me so much time answering the same question over and over!" - Melinda A.
"Of all of the task cards that I have purchased from you (which are all amazing) I think that these ones are my favorite. They are very thorough and stretch their minds. I had them printed and laminated immediately after I bought them. The mom that cut them out for me asked where she could get a copy on them so they could do them as a family. They are fantastic. Thank you!" - Darci R.
"Lots of variety in the task cards. Has practically eliminated the "what do I do now?" question!" - Stephanie S.
Early Finisher Task Card Bundle! A bundle of three different early finisher task cards (INCLUDING THESE) for a discounted price! (Do not buy separately if you purchase the bundle.)