Early Humans Prehistoric Hunters & Gatherers Debate & Historical Thinking Activity
Teaching about the earliest humans in prehistoric times
Want a fun and engaging, skill-building activity on the hunters and gatherers
of the prehistoric age
Allow students to practice the steps for thinking historically as they prepare debate arguments on key topics in World History. Students collect data, evaluate sources, analyze primary sources, and organize content
to create a supported argument
about a topic in history.
In this activity, students will investigate the jobs of the earliest humans - hunters and gatherers
. They will read basic facts, research with online suggested sites or from available texts, and will formulate and write a concise argument on which task (hunting or gathering) they would prefer if living in prehistoric times.
Historical Thinking Debate Topic Introduction Page & Student Steps
Source Examination Page
SPRITE Organizer & Student SPRITE Guide
Writing Prompt & Pages for Student Writing
Teacher Guide w/Suggested Websites for Student Study
Hunters & Gatherers of the Prehistoric Age
Secondary and Primary Source Analysis
This lesson would work well in a World History course or in any other where the topic is studied or required for core content standard completion.
An answer key is not provided since student responses will vary, but the student SPRITE Guide is included.
See this complete resource in the PREVIEW!
• Geography's Effect on Early Settlement in Early Civilizations Activity & Writing
• Settlement of Ancient Egypt & Egyptian Civilizations Archeological Dig Activity
• Settlement of Ancient India & Mohenjodaro Notes & Archeological Dig Activity
• Ancient India Indian Caste System Class Debate Historical Thinking Activity
• Ancient Egypt Egyptian Nobles & Priests Debate Historical Thinking Activity
• Ancient China Chinese Ruling & Warrior Class Debate Historical Thinking Activity
• Early Civilizations Traders & Scribes Debate Historical Thinking Activity
Please see my other Social Studies resources in my TpT Store!