These bright and colorful, rainbow-themed Early Language Posters are a must-have addition to any Speech and Language Therapist's toolkit! They make beautiful, functional decor for any speech room, therapy waiting area, preschool classroom, or daycare setting.
This resource contains information sheets, speech and language milestones, early language strategy posters, and bulletin board letters so you can make an eye-catching and informative early language display, with ease!
The resource is also suitable for traveling or home-based early intervention SLPs as the posters can be printed smaller and put together with a binder ring, or given out to parents/caregivers as easy-to-understand informational handouts.
These posters were updated in May 2022 with a refreshed style, updated research, and additional posters.
- References and Information- so you know the information included is evidence-based.
- Ideas for Use- so you can make the most out of this resource.
Includes a range of bright and appealing posters/infographics/informational handouts for a variety of skills/areas:
- Attention and Listening Development
- Play Skills Development (Cognitive Play)
- Play Skills Development (Social Play)
- Language Milestones
- Speech Sound Milestones
- Phonological Processes
- Means, Reasons, & Opportunities Model
- Ways of Communicating (visual)
- Reasons for Communicating (visual)
- Screen Time Information
- Pacifier Facts & Tips
- All About Books
- Songs and Rhymes
- Prelinguistic Skills
- Imitation Skills
- Early Gestures
- Symbolic Sounds & Exclamatory Words
- First Words
- Functional vs Academic Vocab
- The Benefits of Play (available in two colour options)
- Receptive Language Skills
- Receptive Language Strategies (available in two colour options)
- Language Strategies Top Tips
Individual posters for language facilitation strategies are also included. Each poster has an explanation of the strategy and why it is helpful, plus simple ideas for using these strategies in play, with snacks, and when getting dressed. All the explanations and ideas are written in caregiver-friendly terms.
Language facilitation strategies included:
At Their Level
Copy & Add
Follow Their Lead
Bulletin Board Letters spelling out "The ABCs of Early Language" (in color and black & white) are also included in the download, so you can easily make a bulletin board display for your therapy room or clinic waiting area.
* The resource comes in color and black & white versions. As well as UK and US options.
* Please note, pages are formatted in Letter size, not poster size. But can be enlarged as needed although no guarantee is made for the quality of printing when enlarged.
Please see the preview for a closer look at what's included!
The posters/handouts included in this resource can be used a variety of ways to suit the needs of your caseload. Below are a few ideas for how to make the most out of this resource:
- Print and display on a bulletin board in your clinic room, speech room, or day-care setting. These can then be used as a reference in conversations with parents, caregivers, and staff.
- Create a display with the “Language Strategy of the Week”; choose one strategy to focus on in your setting each week.
- Print out the necessary pages and give them to parents/caregivers following parent coaching therapy sessions at home or in clinic, or following progress meetings, etc.
- Print out the posters with multiple slides to a page (printer settings vary for this). Cut them out and put them together on a binder ring. This can then be used as a quick reference for yourself as required. This is an ideal option for traveling/itinerant therapists, and those who do not have a therapy room of their own.
- Print out the posters and put them into a binder. This can then be used as a reference guide for yourself either as personal use, or when in therapy sessions or meetings with parents/caregivers.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Martha M. says: "This package of resources are awesome! Easy to pull out and give to a caregiver during the session to recap the information we have covered. Nicely laid out and visually appealing. Thank you for this amazing resource."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Flor D. says: "These are great resources! I was looking for resources I can use to put in my speech room as well as give as handouts to parents. I wanted something without too much wording and simple for parents to understand, and this is perfect! So glad I got it!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Seen Yeng C. says: "Beautiful and lovely posters! They are just so visually appealing. I refer to these posters a lot while I'm trying to explain concepts, strategies, and milestones to teachers/parents. I would say it's a must-have in your caregiver training kit!"
Copyright © The SLT Scrapbook.
See full TOU in the resource.
Permission to copy for single therapist use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.