8 non-fiction short texts on events in the early history of New Zealand. Excellent for integrating social sciences with reading.
Short texts included on the following topics:
- First NZ School
- Waitangi Day
- Tamil Bell
- Labour Day
- How we got a Flag
- Who chose the Capital?
- New Zealand Place Names
- Who Discovered New Zealand?
Each text comes with an activity sheet with work on these areas:
- Comprehension Questions
- Vocabulary work, including Māori
- Geography – locating places in an atlas and adding to a map, map included.
- Research – searching more on the topic
- Imaginative writing tasks
- Evaluating the text