Looking for a complete unit
to cover the Early River Civilizations
Want a complete unit
filled with engaging resources
Hoping to find resources
that will encourage skills practice
while studing the Earliest Civilizations
UPDATED! This is a complete unit for the introduction of the early civilizations
. Includes the Indus
and Huang Ho River Valley Civilizations
as well as introduction to Sumer
and the rest of Mesopotamia
Suggested Plans are as a unit with daily outlines of activities with bellringers and exit assignments.
Package includes unit tests for general students and modified classes.
Powerpoints are included for the Eastern River Civilizations, Western River Civilizaions, and Prehistoric People
. Also includes some student handouts and assignments for the unit.
Unit Plan also includes suggested text reading if
you have a text available in your classroom. Also refers to suggested brainstorming and class discussion topics/activities. (See Preview)
This is one unit I am listing for Ancient World History
. (Lesson Plans also cover Egypt Unit - also available on TpT).
The following activities are included in this complete unit:
• Suggested Unit Plan (See Preview)
• Stone Age to Neolithic Age Vocabulary & ORQ
• Early Civilizations Clue Cards Activity
• Eastern River Valleys Ppt Interactive Notes
• Excavating Ancient Civilizations Archeology Dig Activity
• Geography's Effect on Early Settlement Activity & Writing Prompt
• Hammurabi Code Response Group Activity
• Mapping Early River Civilizations Mapping Activity
• Mesopotamia Timeline Activity
• Prehistoric People Ppt Interactive Notes
• Settlement of Ancient India & Mohenjo-Daro Archeology Dig
• Sumerian Society Perspectives Activity
• Reading Guides for Supplemental Readings with Online Options
• Various Short Quizzes for Assessment
• Early River Civilizations Study Guide & Unit Tests (2 options)
Also see my other Complete Ancient World and Modern World Units.