I created this writing template for my students so that my students could self-monitor their writing and self-check their writing before having a writing conference with me. This template clearly shows students the basic expectations for early writers as they are writing. Here are the different self-monitoring tools that are covered in the rubric at the bottom of the writing template:
- Are there capital letters at the beginning of your sentences?
- Are there punctuation marks at the ends of your sentences?
- Are there spaces in between your words?
- Are you forming your upper and lowercase letters correctly on the provided lines?
- Are you using at least four different colors in your picture?
This product features two different writing templates. One template has a half page of writing and a half page illustration. The other template is a full page of writing and a full page illustration. Each template includes a space for students to give their writing pieces a title and date. Both templates include writing lines or a "writing road" to assist students in forming their letters correctly. For more writing ideas, check out my TPT store!