Earth Balancers STEAM Activity Lesson Plan
Kids can celebrate Earth Day and be introduced to STEAM concepts in this balance toy made from easy to find and recycled materials!
This lesson plan is for grades 2-5 and teaches kids about physics, astronomy, environmental science, engineering, and math. Specifically the lesson discusses balance, weight, center of gravity, and ecosystem balance. It also includes (2) templates, visual step-by-step instructions, a vocabulary list, rubric, extension ideas, and a printable Earth Day handout and cards.
(13) pages included in Lesson Plan
This project fulfills the following Next Generation Science Standards in grades 2-5:
- Grade 2: Engineering Design K-2-ETS1-2
- Grade 3: Forces & Interactions 3-PS2-1
- Grade 3,4, & 5: Engineering Design 3-5-ETS1-3
- Grade 5: Space Systems: Stars and the Solar System 5-PS2-1