Kids can celebrate Earth Day and be introduced to STEAM concepts in this balance toy made from easy to find and recycled materials!
This lesson plan is for grades 2-5 and teaches kids about physics, astronomy, environmental science, engineering, and math. Specifically the lesson discusses balance, weight, center of gravity, and ecosystem balance. It also includes (2) templates, visual step-by-step instructions, a vocabulary list, rubric, extension ideas, and a printable Earth Day handout and cards.
(13) pages included in Lesson Plan
This project fulfills the following Next Generation Science Standards in grades 2-5:
- Grade 2: Engineering Design K-2-ETS1-2
- Grade 3: Forces & Interactions 3-PS2-1
- Grade 3,4, & 5: Engineering Design 3-5-ETS1-3
- Grade 5: Space Systems: Stars and the Solar System 5-PS2-1