This resource is a fully editable, colourful and informative 75 slide power point presentation on ‘Earth Day’ which is celebrated on 22nd April each year.
Earth Day is a global event created to promote awareness and appreciation for the earth’s environment. It was launched in the USA in 1970, now Earth Day is celebrated in more than 192 countries around the world.
There are two ‘Earth Days’. The United Nations celebrates ‘Earth Day’ each year on the March equinox. Another ‘Earth Day’ is celebrated each year on 22nd April.
The resource contains references to
- The founders of Earth Day - John McConnell, Senator Gaylord Nelson and Denis Hayes.
- The first Earth Day in 1970 and its impact on legislation in the USA leading to creation of the ‘United States
Environmental Protection Agency’ and the ‘Clean Air’, ‘Clean Water’ and ‘Endangered Species’ Acts.
- Global warming, air pollution from factories and traffic, endangered species and deforestation.
- Re-cyling, re-using and reducing.
- Earth Day projects tree planting, cleaning up the environment.
- The 2016 Earth Day theme - ‘Trees for the Earth’ – how trees help to combat pollution, prevent deforestation,
provide homes, shelter and food for animals, provide income, food and means of transport for communities.
- How we can help to look after our wonderful planet earth.
The powerpoint contains hyperlinks to a breathtaking 4 minute video of our planet and a link to a moving ‘Earth Song’.
A slightly shorter, 67 slide power point, suitable for younger and special education students is available to purchase for $3 fromhttps://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Earth-Day-Presentation-Simple-Text-For-Young-Special-Education-Students-2499996
Inspire and Educate!