Earth Day Activity Pack with Close Reading and More UPDATED for 2017
Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd!
In this pack: Recycling Sort, Close Reading activities on Earth Day History and a Reader’s Theatre. Also, Tips for Going Green Poster, Earth Day Pledge Bookmark, Earth Heart Poster, Endangered Sharks and Persuasive Writing, Endangered Animal Research Report. Finally, almost a dozen links to online resources including Educational YouTube Videos, books, and how to make an Earth shaped recycled crayon.
1. Trash and Recycling Sort with Answer Key (4 pages)
2. Top Ten Ways to Go Green Poster (2 pages)
w/ more color & less ink option
3. Earth Day Pledge Bookmarks and Earth Day Mini-Coloring Posters (3 pages)
4. Close Reading Poster and Venn Diagram (2 pages)
5. Earth Day Close Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions
and Answer Key with correlated CCSS (4 pages)
6. Reader’s Theatre: Earth Defenders (5 pages) with Follow-up
Comprehension Questions and Answer Key with correlated CCSS (2 pages)
7. One Earth Bulletin Board Display Poster
8. Oil Spill Experiment (2 pages)
9. Saving Endangered Sharks: Article, Persuasive Writing Graphic
Organizer and Letter Publishing Paper. (5 pages)
10. Endangered Animal Research Project: Graphic Organizers
and Publishing Paper. (4 pages)
A note about text complexity: The passages are suited towards independent readers at the end of third grade and the beginning of fourth-grade levels but can be made accessible to all your students as a shared close reading lesson.
If you like this product don't forget to *follow me* above, just under my logo and leave a review to earn TpT credits towards future purchases! Also, you will receive notice of new products at 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Thanks! :) Teacher Ms H
Earth Day, Earth Day April 22nd, Close Reading, Earth Day History, Tips for Going Green, History of Earth Day, Writing about Earth Day, Reader’s Theatre, and Links to Earth Day Videos, Recycling, Earth Day Activities, Reader's Theater, TeacherMsH, nonfiction, drama, endangered sharks, endangered animals, oil spill experiment, shark finning, animal conservation, recycle, endangered animal report,