This Earth Day money-saving Bundle includes the videos, songs, and 60+ pages of related materials for "Be Green" and "Let Your Garden Grow."
I wrote “Be Green” to empower children to make a difference--and also to teach them to think logically. I begin by telling children the meaning of “being green:” We should “care for the earth, and keep it clean.” Next, children learn four ways that they can immediately make a difference: Grow plants, be responsible with trash, conserve water, and conserve energy. I end the song by reviewing what we have learned. Please click on the "play" button above for a sample.
"Let Your Garden Grow" teaches children:
"Give to the soil when you plant a seed.
Then, the land will give you what you need...
Care for the land, and if you do,
You know it will give back to you."
Children will be motivated to appreciate and care for gardens on Earth Day, and everyday! Please click here
for a sample of this video.
This BUNDLE features:
1. Both songs streaming from TpT
2. Links to Vimeo, so that you can stream or download the videos separately
3. Mp3 versions of both songs
4. A 50+ page packet for "Be Green." It focuses on the logic of the song and encourages children to write/draw about each section (depending on their levels). There is also a Bingo game plus a few more activities.
5. A short (9 page) packet for "Let Your Garden Grow," including lyrics in black and white, lyrics in full-color, a writing/drawing activity, lined stationery, and unlined stationery.
Songs are a great way to promote reading success. Use the videos for modeled reading. Use mp3 versions of songs for shared and independent reading. You can project words onto a screen, rewrite them on chart paper, and/or ask children to point to lyrics pages as they sing. Ask more advanced readers to read lyric pages without the music during independent or guided reading time.
I hope these songs empower your students to make a difference in the world, to plant gardens, and to become readers, writers, & thinkers:)
HAPPY EARTH DAY!