This is a cross-curricular project to celebrate Earth Day. It covers first grade standards for Social Studies, Science, Math, ELA, and Reading. Scholars decorate a tissue box or cereal box and each face has to display the following information:
• Face 1: Biography - Write your name and a pledge you make about how you will help keep Earth clean.
• Face 2: Landforms - Draw and label at least 5 of Earth’s landforms.
• Face 3: Poetry - Write a poem about the Earth and how you are going to keep it clean. Make an acrostic or freeform poem.
• Face 4: Recycling – Draw and label at least 3 different kinds of plastic, paper, and aluminum objects you can recycle
• Face 5: Reading – Draw a Venn diagram to compare and contrast the world with recycling and without.
• Face 6: Math - There is a forest with 25 trees. Lumberjacks cut down 10 trees. Children help plant 5 new trees. How many trees does the forest have now? Draw a picture to show your work!
* Letter to parents
* Directions for scholars
* Detailed grading rubric (out of 35 points)
If you would like the Word document to modify the questions for a different grade level, just email me. I'll be happy to send you that!
Font from Google Fonts (Coming Soon)
Graphics from Picture Paradise
Background from Sing, Smile, and Learn