Earth Day: Climate Change Conference Project
brings climate change front and center in your classroom when students research and become major figures in the climate change debate. Advocates, scientists, and authors come together in a conference about climate change.
In a world that can not afford to ignore global warming, the embodiment of the figures of the Climate Change continues to be timely. We learn 80% of what is experienced. This project gives your students the opportunity to experience the great figures of the Climate Change first hand.
This is language arts (persuasion and non-fiction text analysis), science (global warming is part of new science standards), and social studies (people, places, and environments) rolled into one engaging project. Use as part of your Earth Day celebrations or when studying global environments. Also available at 20% savings in climate change in the classroom bundle.
Included in this Guide
- Complete Teacher's Guide
- Materials list
- Student handouts including research guide, annotated bibliography of 35+ climate change figures from today, potential resources, and more
- Suggestions for extensions
NOTE: This product was revised with additional climate change figures on 4/1/16.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like:
●● Global Warming Awards: A cross-curricular project in global warming
● Progressive Era: Quick and Easy Newspaper
● Earth Day: Discovering and Inspiring artists who recycle and reuse materials
● Civil Rights Movement: Quick and Easy Newspaper
● Earth Day: Global Warming and Climate Change by the Numbers
● ”Protest”ant “Reform”ation: rethinking the Protestant Reformation and a Lesson in Social Justice
● Tessellations: Mathematics meets Art (common core aligned)
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Get the Scoop
Find out about weekly deals, sales, product launches, free stuff and giveaways by clicking on the follow me
star above. (I send no more than 1 email update a month.)