Earth Day Activity Pack with Close Reading and More UPDATED 2017
Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd with your students! This pack is perfect for upper elementary students in grades 3-6 but may work for higher second graders too. Teacher-tested and approved!
In this pack you will find:
1. Trash and Recycling Sort with Answer Key (4 pages)
2. Top Ten Ways to Go Green Poster (2 pages)
w/ more color and less ink option
3. Earth Day Pledge Bookmarks and Earth Day Mini-Coloring Posters (3 pages)
4. Close Reading Poster and Venn Diagram (2 pages)
5. Earth Day Close Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions
and Answer Key with correlated CCSS (4 pages)
6. Reader’s Theatre: Earth Defenders (5 pages) with Follow-up
Comprehension Questions and Answer Key with correlated CCSS (2 pages)
7. One Earth Bulletin Board Display Poster
8. Oil Spill Experiment (2 pages)
9. Saving Endangered Sharks: Article, Persuasive Writing Graphic
Organizer and Letter Publishing Paper. (5 pages)
10. Endangered Animal Research Project: Graphic Organizers
and Publishing Paper. (4 pages)
Finally, almost a dozen links to online resources including Educational YouTube Videos
, books, and how to make an Earth shaped recycled crayon.
A note about text complexity: The passages are suited towards independent readers at the end of third grade and the beginning of fourth-grade levels but can be made accessible to all your students as a shared close reading lesson.
You might also like my other Holiday Close Reading Packs
and I have many other Holiday Resources
many of which are free.
*Please remember if you want to share this with other teachers you’ll need to buy additional licenses for only half the price.
If you like this product don't forget to *follow me* above, just under my logo and leave a review to earn TpT credits towards future purchases! Also, you will receive notice of new products at 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Thanks! :) Teacher Ms H
Earth Day, Earth Day April 22nd, Close Reading, Earth Day History, Tips for Going Green, History of Earth Day, Writing about Earth Day, Reader’s Theatre, Earth Day Readers Theatre, Earth Day Reader's Theatre Earth Day Reader's Theater, Earth Day Videos, Recycling, Earth Day Activities, Reader's Theater, TeacherMsH, nonfiction, drama, endangered sharks, endangered animals, oil spill experiment, shark finning, animal conservation, recycle, endangered animal report,