Learn how to make a classic Origami Bookmark Corner and then how to quickly and easily transform it into a cute World bookmark to celebrate Earth Day. Introducing basic origami skills, whilst making a practical craft and encouraging reading with these handmade bookmarks.
The bookmarks a make popular in school fundraising ideas! As they are inexpensive to make, environmentally friendly but are practical and look nice too.
NOTE: this bookmarks are NOT PERFECTLY round.. this is key to making these bookmarks without them falling apart.
- 1 Lesson plan overview
- One page printable for a basic origami bookmark
- One page printable for converting it into an Earth Day Bookmark
NOTE: these are worksheets and not templates. Students are encourage to learn how to make their own designs based on these instructions.
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry & shapes
* Writing practice
* Earth Day Activity
* Blue paper 6 x 6inch
* Green, white etc paper scraps
* 3 inch circle for tracing - for our 15x15cm paper a UK Tin Can was the perfect size
* Black pen
* Glue stick