Earth Day Literacy and Math No Prep Mini Unit for Second Grade is full of digital and printable activities for Earth Day! Teach students about Earth Day in a fun and engaging way with /activities that are all in a fun Earth Day theme. This mini-unit covers a variety of second-grade concepts such as 3 digit addition with regrouping, syllables, graphs, reading comprehension, and much more!
✷This Earth Day Day mini-unit is geared towards second graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit.
This Earth Day mini-unit is meant to be a time saver. The no-prep portion is able to be simply printed! All the digital slides have text boxes already inserted as well as other elements such as shape tools, moveable elements, keyboard tips for students, extra text boxes in case of accidental deletion, and more!
These activities can be used for homework, morning work, fun assessments, or even last-minute substitute plans! ✷
This resource is also included in my Second Grade Spring No Prep Literacy and Math Unit and contains all the pages in this mini-unit plus more!
Included in this unit is:
• Waste Word Problems: read the words problems and answer.
• Environment Even and Odd: add two 3 digit numbers and color the flower if it is even or odd.
• Solar Subtraction: subtraction two 3 digit numbers. Some regrouping is needed.
• Place Value Planet: answer questions about place value.
• Greenhouse Graph: read the graph about flower growth and answer the questions.
• Waste Management Money: solve the word problems involving money.
• Solar Spinners: make a spinner and add two 3 digit numbers.
• Shape Sort: sort the shapes according to sides and vertices.
• Earth Day Equals: Solve the two 3 digit addition and subtraction problems.
• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Regroup: solve the 2 digit subtraction problems with regrouping the color according to the answer is odd or even.
• Paper or Plastic Plurals: Sort the nouns if the word adds -s or -es.
• Earth Day Reading: Read the non-fiction passage about Earth Day and answer the questions.
• Pollution Proofreading: fix the sentences.
• Earth Day Fact and Opinion: color the recycling bins if the statement is a fact or opinion.
• Paper, Plastic, Parts of Speech: color the recycling bins according to the part of speech.
• Earth Day Word Search: find the earth day themed words.
• Earth Day ABC Order: put the Earth Day themed words in ABC order.
• Litter Letter: write a letter about how and why people should not litter.
• Syllable Sort: sort the words according to the number of syllables.
- Second Grade Spring No Prep Literacy and Math Unit
- Second Grade Spring Mega Bundle
- Second Grade Literacy and Math MEGA Bundle which includes everything you will need for second grade. Included are over 440 pages of NO PREP printables for the ENTIRE year! Also included are 47 different centers and eight writing crafts!
•By clicking that green star you are getting updates on when there are sales and when I have new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours! It pays to follow!
•Looking for freebies!? Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and freebies!
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!