GREAT Project for Earth Day or to use as a focus in Environmental Science. This project allows students to complete community service while helping the environment at the same time. Some project ideas are listed below.
- Adopting a park or portion of your neighborhood to clean up.
- Starting a recycling program at your school, church, synagogue, gym, etc.
- Collecting scrap metal or cans and donating your proceeds to an group of your choice.
- Writing and directing a documentary video about a particular environmental issue and share it with younger kids.
- Writing and illustrating a children’s book relating to the environment and donate it to a library, museum, etc.
- Teaching a lesson on an environmental condition to a group of younger children in your neighborhood, church, synagogue, Girl Scout troop, etc.
- Work to get rid of invasive species in your neighborhood.
- Build a bat box, birdhouse, etc. and place in animal habitat.
- Write letters to your local politicians regarding specific concerns for the environment that you researched.
- Volunteer work that helps to improve the environment.
All THREE files are included in the zip file download:
1. Project Background and Overview
2. My Project Plan
3. What I've Done So Far
Everything you need to make this year's Earth Day Great...already DONE!