Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your pre$63.00$80.00Save $17.00
Let's add a fun way to review some skills and give your students ideas of ways young people can help the environment. This No-Locks Escape Room is the perfect way to do this! This resource is perfect for Earth Day or any day!
In the No Locks Escape Room students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes! Teams are working together to escape and learn ways to help the environment!
The STEM Challenge included is about bottle flipping. Students will complete multiple trials and analyze data to determine the best size bottle to flip. After the challenge - RECYCLE THE BOTTLES!
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
THE ESCAPE ROOM
This event is called Escape and Help the Environment. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded an Earth Day bookmark. After getting through the last task the team has Escaped.
The scenario for students is: Your class is learning more about ways to help the environment. Each team's mission is to complete several review tasks and learn as much as they can to help earth remain a beautiful, healthy place to live.
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students identify spelling mistakes in sentences about Earth Day and the environment.
- For the second task, students use a garden grid and coordinates to locate items in the garden.
- For the third task, students solve multiplication word problems. The problems are all about recycling.
- For the fourth task, students read a passage about Earth Day and ways they can help. They answer multiple-choice questions.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Earth Day bookmarks- in two versions (full color and in black/white)
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, What Can You Do? ( identify spelling errors), answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, How Does Your Garden Grow? (coordinate grid), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Let's Recycle! (multiplication word problems), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, The Three R's (reading passage) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the bookmarks
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
THE STEM CHALLENGE
This resource includes detailed instructions in the teacher’s guide. This exploration uses a minimum of materials with quick prep for you.
Students toss bottles, record their landings, calculate the fractional result, convert to percentages, and determine which size bottle and how much water works the best. After tossing four sizes of bottles students advance to the design challenge. Can they use their data to choose the right bottle to fill with something other than a liquid?
The package specifically contains:
- Cover sheet
- Teacher Overview
- 6 pages of Teacher Direction,
- Lab Sheet in two versions (one for pairs of students and one for teams of four students)
- 1 page of photos
- Scoring rubric
- All forms are provided in an editable format!
The Teacher’s Guide includes images with step-by-step procedures to make this as simple as possible for you.
Materials needed for the experiment are four sizes of empty bottles, water, measuring cups, and towels. The design portion of this resource uses a variety of items (like marbles, beans, rice). The teacher’s guide lists many items you can try, but you can also try anything you have in your classroom – if it fits in the bottle. Don’t purchase anything- just use what you have!
Your students will love tossing those bottles and then designing their own experiment to extend the activity!
The two resources in this bundle may be purchased separately:
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
You might also enjoy these Earth Day Resources:
- Earth Day Little Flipper Booklet
- STEM Challenge Build a Solar Oven
- STEM Challenge Earthquake Resistant Building
- STEM Challenge Build a Water Pipeline
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!