Make a Claim Using Evidence.~ Earth Day is GREAT for observations!. These Earth Day themed response sheets can be used with any fiction or nonfiction text during any month with any text.
I made up these response sheets to help my 3rd grade students make a claim and prove it with evidence. This type of response was featured heavily on the NY State ELA assessments of 2013 and 2014. This product can be used grades 2 through 5.
• One colorful lesson guide sheet designed to help you walk through the concept with your students. One black and white version included also.
• One response template designed to train your students to collect important evidence and then determine which evidence is the “best” or strongest and then practice making the claim and giving two facts to prove it. Use with ANY TEXT.
• One “model the work” example sheet teachers can use as a model or guide.
• One page of directions for lessons
• One response page designed to mirror state assessments. Teachers can add the title of the passage/topic and give a prompt for students to follow. This page can also be an “add on” to any reading activity.
• One article about recycling.
If you like this activity, check out my store for more
visual scaffolding Tools,
graphic organizers and
designed to teach CLOSE READING !
Close Reading; Summary Practice Nonfiction
Close Reading; Analyzing Characters
Close Reading; Summarizing Stories
Close Writing; The PQA Quiz; Assessments for Fictional Stories
Common Core Writing; The Character Analysis Paragraph
Writing; The Picture Paragraph