Earth Day Math, Earth Day common core aligned Math Mystery (Grade 2) “Case of The Litterbug”. Your students will be engaged and motivated by this fun detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating litterbug suspects. These NO PREP worksheets are common core aligned and are great for practice and review.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Possible Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1: Addition Word Problems
- Clue 2: Making 65 (fill in the missing number) - addition and subtraction
- Clue 3: Balancing Subtraction Equations (1-digit and 2-digit numbers)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Properties of 2D & 3D Shapes (counting edges, vertices and faces - visuals provided)
- Clue 5: Adding multiples of 10 and 100
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and catch the litterbug!
Check out our entire range of Math Mysteries HERE
This product is available from grades 1- 6:
Earth Day - Grade 1 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 2 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 3 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 4 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 5 Mystery