Earth Day Math Mystery (Grade 3) “Case of The Litterbug”. Your students will be engaged and motivated by this fun detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating suspects. These NO PREP worksheets are common core aligned and are great for practice and revision.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Possible Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Roman Numerals (Numbers between 1-50)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Estimating Sums – up to 1000 (Round to the nearest 10 and then add.)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Balancing Subtraction Equations (2-Digit and 3-Digit numbers) - Please note that this clue is quite challenging. If you need me to give you the easier option from Grade 2, please email me and I'll be happy to give you the Clue 3 sheet from Grade 2 for free.
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Identifying 2D and 3D Shapes
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Multiplication and Division (Facts between 1-12)
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and catch the litterbug!
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This Math Mystery is also available for Grades 1 - 6. Click on the links below to view:
Earth Day - Grade 1 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 2 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 3 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 4 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 5 Mystery
Listed below are some other products that you may be interested in:
Bundle and Save with Math Mysteries Bundle Pack GRADE 3