Earth Day Math Centers with Digital Earth Day Activities
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 4th and 5th grade holiday and seasonal math centers and activities for the ENTIRE year!Note: The math activities and centers included in this resource are available in printable, color versions AND digital versions.About the Math Activities and CentersThis HUGE holiday math center bundle includes 18Price $54.00Original Price $99.50Save $45.50
Looking for some engaging activities and resources for Earth Day that still align with the curriculum and standards?
This resource includes 16 Earth Day-themed math activities and centers for 5th grade students.
***NOTE 3/28/22: This resource was completely updated in 2022. The update included 10 new printable centers and digital versions for all 16 centers. If you purchased prior to that date, please download the new version.***
Select the math centers that work best for your skills and your students. Use the table of contents and CCSS alignment on page 3 to guide the centers you choose (or the digital table of contents if you are using the digital math activities).
Earth Day Math Activities and Centers Included:
- Earth Day Decimal Riddles
- Place Value True or False Sort
- Earth Day Decimal Match
- Comparing Decimals
- Recycling Bin Decimal Review
- Earth Cupcake Computation
- Recycling Word Problems
- Interpreting Remainders
- Adding & Subtracting Word Problems
- Pencil a Model
- Recycle It! Multiplication and Division
- Drink It Up!
- Recycling with Fractions
- Simplify Your Life
- What’s in the Recycling Bin?
- Geometry Statement Sort
- Building decimals based on given clues
- Decimal place value, adjacent place value
- Decimal form, word form, expanded form, expanded notation
- Comparing decimals
- Decimal form, word form, expanded form, comparing decimals
- All operations with decimals
- All operations decimal word problems
- Division word problems
- Adding and subtracting multi-digit numbers
- Using models to multiply fractions and mixed numbers and to divide with unit fractions
- Multiplication and division fraction word problems
- Adding and subtracting fractions / mixed numbers word problems
- Ordering fractions
- Simplifying fractions
- Multiplying fractions by whole numbers
- Identifying geometric shapes
This resource is common core aligned with 5th grade standards.
Use this for center work, early finishers, re-teaching groups, Math RTI, tutoring, or just for some fun, yet rigorous centers to use during Earth Day celebrations.
The digital Earth Day activities are available for use with Google Slides. Click here for a step-by-step guide for assigning Google Slides in Google Classroom.
Each digital math center includes a direction page with a picture of the center. Recording sheets are not included since the students do all of the work on the slides.
Digital access can be found on pages 4-11 of the PDF. For answer keys, please refer to the printable centers.
For a sneak peek at the digital Earth Day activities and centers, be sure to check out the video preview.