Earth Day Non-Fiction Article
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
I really like how informative the resource is as it gives students an audio-visual introduction before having them read and respond to Earth Day. I will definitely use this resource again!
Great reading for Earth Day! I love that you can assign the audio clip for those struggling readers.
Also included in
- Help bring more diversity into your classroom with this holidays around the world in this non-fiction articles bundle. This resource contains 13 high-interest non-fiction articles and post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep, and cross-curricular learning.Price $34.99Original Price $44.00Save $9.01
- Article of the Week Full Year Mega Bundle | PDF and Digital: This resource contains 44 high-interest non-fiction articles and 41 non-fiction-aligned graphic organizers. Each article contains 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension and standardized test prep. This resource contPrice $115.00Original Price $144.00Save $29.00
Earth Day Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included student pages for 1:1 technology schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular texts)
- Mp3 of each article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
- “This assignment was so much fun. Students enjoyed it. We love anything by 2peasandadog, she really captures the needs of the students well in her packages. Thank you”
- “Easy to read and use with my entire class. I attached the audio clip to help my struggling readers. Most of my students learned something new about Earth Day!!”
- “Students were engaged in this lesson, modified reading pages and recording made it perfect for all students.”
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.