- Teach your students about the history and importance of Earth Day with differentiated reading and writing activities! Designed to save you time and meet the needs of all learners in your classroom, this Earth Day reading and writing unit includes leveled reading comprehension passages, vocabulary su
- A comprehensive printable and digital Earth Day writing activity! This Earth Day writing lesson includes a relevant prompt, two graphic organizers, paragraph outline, fun Earth Day writing paper, grading rubric, and examples! It's the perfect activity to reinforce writing skills and celebrate Earth
- Celebrate Earth Day with three different word games! These vocabulary activities are perfect for your early finishers, a class competition, learning stations, or even festive independent work.Looking for more educational resources for Earth Day? Pair the word games with reading comprehension and wr
- Bundle Description
The ultimate Earth Day reading and writing activity bundle! Differentiated Earth Day reading passages and writing activities are included! BUNDLE AND SAVE $$$!
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
1. Earth Day Reading Comprehension and Activities
Earth Day differentiated reading comprehension passages with vocabulary support and writing activities! Everything you need to celebrate Earth Day without missing out on instructional time is included and ready to go!
- Differentiated Reading Passages: The differentiated reading passages are focused on the history and relevance of Earth Day. Advanced, intermediate, and beginner reading levels are included. The corresponding Lexile and grade levels are shown below.
- Close Reading Directions: Your students will read the text three times, focusing on main idea, vocabulary, and text-based evidence.
- Differentiated Vocabulary Support: A divided circle map is included to support students in learning the meaning of several tier two and tier three vocabulary terms included in the text. The vocabulary support pages are also differentiated (advanced, intermediate, and beginner).
- Vocabulary Activity Worksheet: A worksheet is provided for students to practice and apply the vocabulary terms.
- Writing Activity Worksheet: Students have a chance to connect the reading to their own lives by describing two things they can start doing to help protect the planet. Space for an Earth Day illustration is also included.
- Differentiated Assessment: The three-part assessment is based on the informational text and covers vocabulary, comprehension, and includes a short answer extension question. A separate assessment is included for each reading level.
- Answer Keys: Answer keys are included for the divided circle maps, vocabulary activity worksheet, and assessments.
2. Earth Day Writing Activity (Printable and Digital)
A comprehensive printable and digital Earth Day writing activity! This Earth Day writing lesson includes a relevant prompt, two graphic organizers, paragraph outline, fun Earth Day writing paper, grading rubric, and examples! It's the perfect activity to reinforce writing skills and celebrate Earth Day!
- Bubble Map: Students can use the bubble map to brainstorm different ways to help save the environment.
- Pre-Writing Template: The prewriting template will help students organize their thoughts before they begin crafting their paragraphs.
- Paragraph Outline: The outline provides students with a sentence-by-sentence format for writing their paragraph.
- Writing Paper: The themed Earth Day writing paper makes for a fun and polished- looking final draft.
- Grading Rubric: The grading rubric provides students with clear expectations for the Earth Day paragraph.
- Examples: An example of the paragraph outline and final draft are provided to go over with students as needed.
- Color and Black/White Versions Included
3. Earth Day Word Games
Celebrate Earth Day with three different word games! These vocabulary activities are perfect for your early finishers, a class competition, learning stations, or even festive independent work. The following Earth Day themed word games are included in this resource:
- Earth Day A-Z
- Earth Day Word Scramble
- Earth Day Word Smith
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus