Earth Day Reading and Writing Activities Bundle | Free Word Search
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
Products in this Bundle (3)
Everything you need for a comprehensive reading and writing mini-unit is included in this comprehensive Earth Day literacy bundle! Celebrate Earth Day with engaging activities your students will love! BUNDLE AND SAVE $$$
**By purchasing this bundle, you are saving 20% off the full value of the individual resources.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
1. Earth Day Reading Comprehension and Writing Activities
- Differentiated Reading Passages: The differentiated reading passages are focused on the history and importance of Earth Day. Advanced, intermediate, and emerging reading levels are included.
- Close Reading Directions: Your students will read the text three times, focusing on main idea, vocabulary, and text-based evidence.
- Vocabulary Support: Students define tier-two and tier-three terms from the text.
- Vocabulary Practice: The vocabulary activity gives students a chance to practice and apply the vocabulary terms.
- Writing Activity: Students connect the reading to their own lives by describing two things they can start doing to help protect the planet. Space for an Earth Day illustration is also included.
- Assessment: The three-part assessment is based on the informational text and covers vocabulary, comprehension, and includes a short answer extension question.
- Answer Keys: Answer keys are included for the vocabulary definitions, vocabulary activity worksheet, and assessment.
- Bubble Map: Students can use the bubble map to brainstorm different ways to help save the environment.
- Pre-Writing Template: The prewriting template will help students organize their thoughts before they begin crafting their paragraphs.
- Paragraph Outline: The outline provides students with a sentence-by-sentence format for writing their paragraph.
- Writing Paper: The themed Earth Day writing paper makes for a fun and polished- looking final draft.
- Grading Rubric: The grading rubric provides students with clear expectations for the Earth Day paragraph.
- Examples: An example of the paragraph outline and final draft are provided to go over with students as needed.
- Color and Black/White Versions Included
Celebrate Earth Day with three different word games! These vocabulary activities are perfect for your early finishers, a class competition, learning stations, or even festive independent work.
BONUS FREEBIE!! Earth Day Word Search & Answer Key
This FREE Earth Day word search is only available with the bundle! Students will love trying to find all the words related to the westward expedition! A word search answer key is also included.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
Summary Writing Graphic Organizers
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus